Billed as the “Uptown vs. Downtown Throwdown,” the competition will feature bartenders from across Toronto who will put their creative juices on display as they vie for pride, recognition, bragging rights and a cash prize.
“These mixologists are going to be coming to the competition armed with the latest trends that are popular across the city. Check out these amazing mixologists live as they compete for the title with some really cool and cutting-edge cocktails,” said Jennifer Campbell, Show Manager of the Gourmet Food & Wine Expo.
The cocktail mixing competition takes place Sunday, November 17 at 1:30 pm on the Trend Central Tasting Stage, which will showcase current and upcoming beer, wine and cocktail trends throughout the Expo’s four-day run.
Nearly two dozen presenters will lead interactive sessions on the Tasting Stage during the Expo, including several that will give show visitors a taste of some of the most interesting wines, beers and spirits to be found in the city.
Wines of Chile will present a series of 11 tastings all weekend starring incredible wines from these fine Chilean vineyards: Concha Y Toro, Emiliana Organic Vineyards, Luis Felipe Edwards, Santa Alicia, Santa Carolina, Via Wines, Lapostolle. Discover the diversity of Chile all weekend at the Trend Central Tasting Stage.
If you prefer to look beyond the wine glass, here is a sampling of the beer- and spirit-themed sessions:
Beer Necessities, Thursday, Nov. 14, 7:30 pm
• Presented by Creemore Springs Brewery, Brewmaster Todd Fowler provides an introduction to the wonderful world of beer. Sample some of Creemore’s great beers and learn how they're made.
School of Beer, Saturday, Nov. 16, 1:30 pm
• Taste some of the incredible award-winning beers from Canada’s first and only teaching brewery, hand-crafted by future leaders and brewmasters from Niagara College.
Caesars with Clint, Saturday, Nov. 16, 2:30 pm and Sunday, Nov. 17, 3:30 pm
• Clinton Pattemore, Mott's Clamato Caesar Mixing Officer, shows you how to make Canada's Cocktail in four easy steps plus a variation of this classic recipe that will surprise and delight you.
Lake of Bays Brewing Co. Tasting, Saturday, Nov. 16, 7:30 pm
• Brewers Mike Pawlick and Mark Campbell lead a tasting of the brewery’s hand-crafted, tried and true all-natural beers like Crosswind Pale Ale, Sparkhouse Red Ale and Rock Cut Baysville Lager, alongside a seasonal surprise.
Fans looking to try beer and spirits from the vendors themselves can visit some of the many brands that will be pouring samples including Amsterdam Brewing Company, Granville Island Brewery, Oast House Brewers, Samuel Adams, Canadian Club, Collingwood Whisky, Fireball Whisky, Tequila Tromba and dozens more.
The Gourmet Food & Wine Expo takes place Nov. 14-17 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre North Building. For more information and to buy admission tickets now, please visit FoodAndWineExpo.ca. Tickets often sell out, don’t miss out on Canada’s largest celebration of food and drink!
Gourmet Food & Wine Expo
VIP Preview Evening Thursday $40 (including HST)
General Admission Friday & Sunday $20, Saturday $25 (including HST)
Dates and times:
Thursday, November 14, 2013, 6pm-10pm VIP Preview Evening
Friday, November 15, 2013, 2pm-10pm
Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12pm-10pm
Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12pm-6pm
Must be 19 years of age or older. No children or infants permitted.
- Tags: Gourmet Food & Wine Expo Competition Culinary Toronto Ontario Nov. 14-17 Metro Toronto Convention Centre Uptown vs. Downtown Throwdown Jennifer Campbell Show Manager_Gourmet_Food&Wine_Expo Trend Central Tasting Stage Wines of Chile Chilean_vineyards Concha Y Toro Emiliana Organic Vineyards Luis Felipe Edwards Santa Alicia Santa Carolina Via Wines Lapostolle Beer Necessities Creemore Springs Brewery Brewmaster Todd Fowler School of Beer Niagara College Caesars with Clint Clinton Pattemore Mott's Clamato Caesar Mixing Officer Canada's Cocktail Lake of Bays Brewing Co. Tasting Brewers Mike Pawlick Mark Campbell Crosswind Pale Ale Sparkhouse Red Ale Rock Cut Baysville Lager Amsterdam Brewing Company Granville Island Brewery Oast House Brewers Samuel Adams Canadian Club Collingwood Whisky Fireball Whisky Tequila Tromba FoodAndWineExpo.ca.
- Categories: Business Culture Education Good News Healthy Living Life & Style Media Parents Politics School Tech Travel Women