NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. – Food trucks in Ontario have put their trucks in gear and they’re headed in the right direction – they’re off to the Niagara Food & Wine Expo at the Scotiabank Convention Centre. This year, the Expo will feature some of the most popular food trucks in the region – a perfect match for some of the tasty craft beers that will also be on site.
On April 26 to 28, you’ll see, smell and have a chance to taste some delicious food from El Gastrónomo Vagabundo, Caplansky’s Delicatessen, Crazy Cravings, Dirty South Food Truck, Dobro Jesti, Hank Daddy’s BBQ and Tide and Vine Oyster Company.
El Gastrónomo Vagabundo, the first mobile food truck of its kind in Canada, will be at the Expo on Saturday the 27 serving gourmet foods. The chef at El Gastrónomo Vagabundo was featured as a chef-host on Food Network Canada, Restaurant Takeover, Eat St., etalk, BT and W Network.
Caplansky’s Delicatessen’s food truck, named Thunderin’ Thelma, will be at the Convention Centre on Sunday, April 28. Chefs at Caplansky’s will be serving up some delicious BBQ Brisket Sliders, Reuben Spring Rolls and Smoked Meat Poutine. Caplansky’s Delicatessen was also featured on the Food Network of Canada.
If the warm weather is making you feel like you’re craving southern food – don’t fret because The Dirty South food truck will be cookin’ up delicious Barbecued Pulled Pork and Chicken on a Jalapeño Cheddar Waffle. The Dirty South food truck will be at the Expo all weekend from April 26-28.
Dobro Jesti means “good eats,” and if you’re looking for some good eats, Dobro Jesti’s food truck will be at the front of the Convention Centre on Sunday the 28th. Dobro Jesti’s will be serving fresh European schnitzel, sandwiches, sides and more.
Nothing goes together like delicious food and cold craft beer. Luckily, the Niagara Food & Wine Expo has a variety of beer to sample. Get ready to wet your whistle with the famous Alexander Keith’s India Pale Ale, or FirstDraft lager and ale from Niagara College’s Teaching Brewery, the only teaching brewery in Canada. Also attending the Expo is one of Niagara-on-the-Lake’s newest craft beer breweries, Silversmith Brewing Company. Silversmith will be serving its award winning Black Lager, which is a unique blend of a German lager base and chocolate and caramel malts. One thing is certain; you won’t leave the Expo being hungry or thirsty.
For more information on the Niagara Food & Wine Expo, and Tutored Tastings please visit NiagaraFoodandWineExpo.ca.
Niagara Food & Wine Expo
April 26-28, 2013
Dates & Times
Friday, April 26, 2013, 2:00PM-10:00PM
Saturday, April 27, 2013, 12:00PM-10:00PM
Sunday, April 28, 2013, 12:00PM-6:00PM
$15 at the door
$12 in advance online
• Sample tickets are the official show currency
• Sample tickets are worth $1 each and are available in sheets of $10
• Sample tickets are used for sampling wine, spirits, beer and food
• Sampling prices vary with most at only 1 or 2 tickets per sample
• Enjoy a wide variety of food and drinks for approximately $20 per person
Buy admission tickets at NiagaraFoodandWineExpo.ca.
- Tags: NIAGARA FALLS Ontario Canada Niagara_Food & Wine_Expo Scotiabank_Convention_Centre Great Beer Culinary Overdrive Food Trucks Expo April_26_to_28 chef_ El Gastrónomo_Vagabundo Caplansky’s_Delicatessen Crazy_Cravings Dirty_South_Food_Truck Dobro_Jesti Hank_Daddy’s BBQ Tide_and_Vine_Oyster_Company Food_Network_Canada Restaurant_Takeover Thunderin’_Thelma BBQ_Brisket_Sliders Reuben_Spring_Rolls Smoked_Meat_Poutine Barbecued_Pulled_Pork_and_Chicken Jalapeño_Cheddar_Waffle European_schnitzel sandwiches Alexander_Keith’s_India_Pale_Ale FirstDraft Niagara_College’s_Teaching_Brewery Niagara-on-the-Lake’s Silversmith_Brewing_Company Silversmith Black_Lager German_lager_base chocolate caramel_malts